March 22, 2016

Some Bookish Facts

I wanted to shoot my shelves or something but I've been writing. So here are little cranes from way back then. 
So this blog is almost 3 months! I've been sucking at keeping up with this blog lately because all I can seem to do after school is just lie down and rest, and then, proceed to do school work. But since there's going to be a week-long break before the second half of the semester, I thought I'd share a few things about my relationship with books. Here are some bookish facts about me!

  1. My all-time favorite book is The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
  2. Dystopian is my least favorite sub-genre (is it called that?) in the young-adult genre.
  3. I actually own more books than clothes. I have too much books that almost every nook and cranny of our house serves as a mini bookshelf.
  4. I hardly skip book report and reading assignments just because I like to make sure that every single book I have in the house is read. (But now, I just don't know how to do that.)
  5. My first Paulo Coelho book was The Alchemist and I read it when I was 13. I didn't appreciate it then but I want to try and read it again now that I'm 18 just to see if I will change my mind about it now that I can understand much more from that kind of genre.
  6. In the Shadowhunters series, I read The Infernal Devices first before The Mortal Instrument. That's why I love TID more than TMI.
  7. So far, my favorite young adult book that is not magical is Fangirl.
  8. My standard reading time for a 300-400 page book is 4-7 days.
  9. When I'm in the middle of reading a book and I need to go out of the house, I will still carry that book with me no matter how big it is just to comfort myself with the idea that I will be able to read that book even if I know that I wouldn't be able to do that.
  10. I still judge some books based on covers.
  11. My first non-children's lit picturebook was a Nancy Drew notebook about Secret Santa.
  12. If I get bored looking at clothes in the mall, I just go to the book store and spend about 30-45 minutes staring at books and reading their synopses at the back.
  13. Something I've been doing since I was thirteen--during Christmas, at secret santas in classes or in my group of friends, I always ask for either specific books, or book store gift certificates because I feel that the only reasonable thing to ask from someone else are book-related things. 
  14. The book I got to finish fastest was Thirteen Reasons Why-- I finished that overnight because I was so freaked out and intrigued at the same time.
  15. Lastly, I might have fallen in love and I might've had my heart shattered and broken by books already, but I have never cried because of a scene in a book.

    -Micaela :)