November 10, 2013

Sixteen random things over fifteen

1.  I would have written this on my ‘sweet’ 16th which was few days ago. However, my 16th birthday wasn’t ‘sweet’ because we were given a horrifying amount of work at school, I had to head home very late and I didn’t get the book I wanted.

2. I still don’t have my own room. It sucks.


3. I just listen to music and I don’t have a favorite band until I started listening to The Summer Set and He is We more and more. I used to listen to them but I became more and more attached to their music. Now, they’re my favorite bands and I couldn’t wait for them to visit my country.

4. Apparently, I discovered that it was better off that I am not one of the popular people in school. I’m not being spied by a lot of people. I’m not being judged by a lot of people. I can care less about what people think about me and I can live my life normally. I don’t have to deal with people following my every move.

5. My writing was exposed to the whole school— even to the nuns who run our school. I was told that the piece I wrote was beautiful and apparently, everyone appreciated it. I found myself confident with my writing and started accepting more scriptwriting work for my club and for other things.

6. I wrote for the school’s entry for CMLI. At the same time, I directed it. We got in the finals but didn’t win, and that was more than enough for me. Being able to represent my school alone was enough.

7. I no longer have lingering feelings for the person I called #mystery. it was maybe because I found out he’s a frightening amount of crap and it turns out we’re not for each other. Glad to have moved on.

8. Even if I have moved on, maybe it would take time for me to like someone the way I liked him again. Broken needs mending, I guess. But I’m not settling for someone like him. I’ll be waiting, perhaps.

9. Text messages »»» Greetings reminded by facebook.

10. Sweet. He was sweet and I was touched by it.

11. Apparently, my purpose for writing fiction is to create happy endings.

12. It doesn’t matter if you are not liked by everyone. What matters is that you are true to yourself and that you’re happy with who you are and what you do.

13. Greatest Achievement in life so far: Being able to write for others

14. I am thankful for being able to work with my co-editors in The Familian. I am thankful for being able to write. With it, I found a place for myself and I met a lot of new people, and found more opportunities open for me.

15. I decided that Communication is for me. Apart from the fact that I can see that this course could bring me a lot of opportunities in the future, It is the only course that offers subjects and topics which interests me.

16. Personal reminder for tomorrow: Don’t be scared of the future. The world will always be scary but face things head on. People will come and go, but those who will give their best to remain by you are those care for you.