July 8, 2014

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

Kids, in the summer of 2014, I haven't met your dad yet (or have I? We don't know yet). But I found a ton of webseries which made that summer a bit better.

It was one time I was obsessing over Pride and Prejudice, a classic novel written by Jane Austen, that I found a certain article that talked about the modernization of the story of the certain novel. I love Jane Austen's books (who wouldn't?) and so, I looked at the article, found out it was a webseries which can be viewed in youtube.

It was called The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

I love modernizations and book adaptations, but I also love watching vlogs (and sometimes, even making them). So the next move was to watch the first episode. I fell in love instantly with the way Lizzie is, and her sisters Jane and Lydia, and even her best friend Charlotte. The plan was to watch 5 episodes a day so I wouldn't have to torture my eyes watching 100 episodes in a few hours. However, excitement overcame the plan and I finished it in 3 days, 80% of the episodes watched in one day.





The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is an Emmy award winning show. If there's something I love about it, it's the chemistry between the characters. The show is also interactive. By that, I mean, the characters actually have their own twitter accounts (sometimes even pinterest). It's fun how they actually interact with the audience.

It feels sad that I wasn't around  the time the show was running, but I found their twitter accounts and have been stalking these fictional people ever since. But now, I keep rewatching these stuff and it always gets me... every single time.

Ashley Clements was also amazing in her portrayal of Lizzie, as well as Daniel Vincent Gordh with Darcy. All the butterflies in my stomach start fluttering every single time they look at each other-- talk about chemistry perfect!

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is never short of the romance you always looked for in Jane Austen's works. It also has an extra dose of humor, wit, and sisterly love we all want from the Bennet sisters.

-Mic